Dr. Felts is a Board Certified Surgeon. He has over 10 years of experience in Bariatric Surgery and established the first Comprehensive Bariatric Center in Las Cruces. After a brief elective leave of absence to pursue a dream of sailing from Annapolis to the British Virgin Islands, Dr. Felts is excited to return to Las Cruces to develop the same high quality, comprehensive program at Memorial Medical Center. He, his wife Karla, and their Golden Retriever rescue, Howlyard, enjoy all of the outdoor activities of New Mexico, as well as the culture and arts of this beautiful state.
Dr. Felts earned his undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University, his medical degree from Texas A&M College of Medicine, and completed his General Surgery Residency at Scott and White Memorial Hospital in Temple, Texas. Dr. Felts is Board Certified by The American Board of Surgery, a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, and a Fellow of the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery. Dr. Felts also serves on the Rural Area Surgeon Committee of the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
- Hi my name is Maria Elena my mother is a new patient at Dr. Felts when I walked in with my mom I was scared because of her making the surgery thinking she...Maria Elena Sandoval
- Dr Felts was very informative and educated. He made me feel comfortable with my decision and explained what steps I would be taking to reach surgery and a...Shanna
- Hi my name is Claudia Sandoval a new patient at Dr.Felts. It was a pleasant experience getting to meet him and staff.I was well explain by Dr. felts on how...Claudia Sandoval
- I am happy to be a part of the team at Memorial Weight Loss Center of New Mexico. My name is Justin Boland, and I am a licensed psychologist who focuses on...Justin Boland
- Highly likely, the staff and Dr Felts have been extremely helpful, knowledgeable and friendly.Raquel Arredondo
- He was warm, his bed side matter was easy going,he explained each area with ease and asked if I had any questions.Jittuan watters
- I thought he was warm...a good bedside manner...he explained the series of steps that are ahead of me..... Of course the video in the very beginning was...Jittuan watters
- Extremely knowledgable, friendly, professionalAnonymous
- Memorial Weight Loss Center of New Mexico strives to provide the highest quality, most comprehensive Bariatric Surgery Program in New Mexico and the...Karla Felts
- Had my first appointment today and I left very satisfied, the staff and Dr Felts were awesome!!! So happy to start my journey with you all!!!Raquel Coyazo Arredondo